SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Autumn Fashion Pieces.



October is one of my favourites months of the year, not just simply because my birthday falls within this month but because of it being included in the season of Autumn. Autumn for me means pumpkins cosy nights in and candles, but while not forgetting the best part of autumn. Fashion. Do not misunderstand me here I love fashion all year round (and that's including you there summer I have not left you out). However, there is just something special about being able to wrap yourself up in jumpers coats neatly wrapped with scarfs and cosy patterned tights. So without further ado, I decided to share with you pretties my favourites for this time of year. I do not in any means call myself a fashion guru or 'stylish' like some YouTubers and bloggers that live on this side of the internet. But none of the less it won't stop me sharing what pieces I do love even if I can't tell you how to style them in a cool way. 

Firstly, Patterned Trousers. Who doesn't love a good pair of trousers? Stylish, much more comfortable than a pair of jeans, styling these with a good old plain white T-shirt or a cosy jumper, I feel like these checked trousers specifically from Collectif. A vintage-inspired store who I love for their retro clothes feel will make you look like a actual walking pumpkin. But I'm here for that and it's exactly the vibe I am loving in Autumn. These checked trousers tick all of my autumnal boxes. 

Now for my second fashion choice is a blouse. I feel blouses dress up any type of outfit that being underneath a jumper for a day time look or paired with some high waisted jeans and chunked under a coat for the evening time. Blouses are effortlessly stylish. The one I have picked out today to show is this black silked polka-dotted blouse from Topshop. I actually stumbled upon this fashion gem while watching Eve Bennett's youtube video she made in collaboration with Topshop and just had to buy it. 

Now don't get me wrong I love dressing up, but being comfortable is where it's at for me and cardigans are the perfect middle man between being chic and comfortable at the very same time. I'm currently loving this boohoo number and who says pink can not be an autumnal colour? For me, it's a yearly trend. You can not beat a pink number within your wardrobe, especially when it is something as cozy as this. You can even pair it with a cute pair of high waisted black jeans and some white converses or black Chelsea boots for a cute 'just running some errands' outfit. 

Now, Bags can either make or break an outfit. They tie the outfit all together with their matching tones of colour or in some cases of it being a full black on black outfit adding a pop of colour. While browsing the Cath Kidston I spotted this adorable autumnal inspired handbag which I just instantly fell in love with. Patterned with floral accents and burgundy mustard and navy colour trends. This bag literally just screams autumn to me.

To pair with the mustard accents of the Cath Kidston handbag, these ASOS mustard tights are an autumn trend for me. Who doesn't think of Blair Waldorf in Gossip girl whenever they see patterned or coloured tights though? She made them iconic and I'm very much following in her footsteps with these as they are certainly something that she would wear. I can not wait to wear these with every outfit that I wear in Autumn now. 

Lastly, we can not forget the jackets. It would not be a proper autumn fashion blogpost without the mention of either a  jacket or a coat. I could not decide what one I wanted to mention this so I decided to add in both because the more the merrier is what they always say. The first being my most recent purchase and maybe my favourite purchase of all time, A Aviator jacket. I've been searching for one for quite a while and I actually found mine on Depop from a lovely seller! Although I tried searching for the exact one I had purchased It was the last season jacket and I couldn't find it, however, I found this one of the Hollister website that looked very similar. The second coat being this lovely teddy bear coat from New Look. I love how warm and cosy this coat is and I love layering jumpers underneath coats so sometimes it's best to go up a size!


I hope you enjoyed this little blog post and what is your favourite autumn fashion piece for the colder months? 


Toodlepip lovelies 
Lucy x





2 comments :

  1. Such gorgeous Autumn picks! I totally agree that bags can make or break an outfit and a good coat/jacket is essential!
    Soph - https://sophhearts.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I actually just bought myself a Cambridge Satchel bag in Navy Blue, such a gorgeous colour that pops a black outfit. So glad you liked the post. x

      Delete