SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

A Monthly Roundup // January 2020.






















I've learnt a lot about myself in this new year already. It's been only a month but I've experienced quite a lot. It's often hard to reflect back on our lives because often we become so focused upon the bad things that have happened and not the happy moments. But I think that's because as humans we are just destined to be pessimistic. It's installed in our brains, much like procrastination is.

January started off with new years and our annual Christmas party. Often I look back at these with sadness, not because the nights were bad. I was surrounded by some people I can call my closest friends but because of a small percentage of people who deemed to bring negative energy. One thing I am taking from January is how easy it is to be dragged into people's drama. You don't have to be friends with everybody. It's incredibly important to live your life for yourself, and not on the terms of other people. If they've fallen out with somebody doesn't mean you have to follow in suit. While also, don't let people walk all over you. It's not worth it.

January made me realise who my true friends are. I'm so lucky to have the people I have in my life. The friends I surround myself with and my boyfriend Christopher who truly adores every part of me. Despite being an anxiety mess 24/7. (Something I actually started therapy for this month. Don't ever feel you can not ask for help, you can and asking for help makes you a stronger person). I'm so grateful for my Rainbows family and the volunteering I do there to help form part of a social circle for the girls.

January has made me realise how many times I say no because of my anxiety. I'm by all means not becoming a yes person all the time and climbing mount Everest, but I want to start working harder. Working smarter and enjoying my time off to the maximum capacity I can.

In summary, don't let others negativity rule your life. Don't let anxiety make you afraid to get help and leave your house. Love the people closest to you. Love your life. and don't forget to breathe.

2 comments :

  1. January is just one month in the year lovely, you've got all of this time left to thrive and push your boundaries. Shrug off those bad moments (easier said than done I know) and live for the time spent with those who care for you, and make you feel your best self. Sounds like you already have been doing so. You've got this x
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great round-up! I always let other people's negativity bother me and I know I shouldn't! I'm trying to stay in my own little bubble xo

    Makeup Muddle

    ReplyDelete