SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, July 1, 2019

Staples for Summer.


Now that it is officially Summertime, although June's weather has been very hit and miss over the past few weeks I thought I would share my summer staples for this season. Let's hope that this good weather streak we have going on is here to stay.

Something I can absolutely not live without when it comes to the hotter months, that is either on holiday or at home is a maxi skirt. This floral maxi skirt is beautiful. I love the yellow patterned detail and it would match perfectly with a simple white tee. Although is patterned pieces are a little bit out of your comfort zone, plain coloured maxi skirts in either a grey or khaki colour go well with a lot of t-shirts. Maxi skirts are just perfect for those effortless outfit choices.

Also on the trend of effortless style, a simple casual dress that you can just throw on is perfect. I like this from New Look and at a bargain of a price, you really can not go wrong. It is perfect for those effortless casual days that involves running errands or going to the beach. Paired with some brown open toe sandals you'll look effortlessly stylish. Although pictured above is the dress in blue it does come in a selection of different colours also. My favourite is, of course, the light blue but also the whit, though I really do not need any more white/cream coloured dresses or items in my wardrobe.

Playsuits, playsuits playsuits. Who doesn't love a good playsuit when it comes to the hotter summer months. They are simply cute and come in many different styles and patterns, perfect for wearing while you are on holiday on top of your bikini or going to a BBQ party when the British summer decides to be on our side. Although the only thing I don't love about playsuits is how whenever you use the bathroom especially out in public you become exposed, you can ignore that for how pretty they are. H&M is my favourite place to shop for them.

Although Levi's is on the more expensive side of fashion. I love their denim, especially their denim skirts. My favourite tends to the washed dark denim style, mostly because I feel it goes with a lot more in my wardrobe as opposed to lighter washed denim. Pairing this skirt with a white t-shirt and my favourite yellow cardigan from Asos is my go-to outfit for the summer.

White cotton top that goes with anything and is paired with frilly sleeves, what more could a girl want? Perfect for that more dressier option within the sporadic hot periods of our summer, it's a great alternative if dresses are not your kind of thing. I do not tend to shop at River Island however I couldn't help myself. Imagine how stylish and put together you'll look with this and a pair of denim jeans.

When it comes to tee dresses I tend to sway towards the more floral side of the fashion style. However, I found out a new love for things that are pink and this Pretty Little Thing one ticks all of those kinds of boxes. Frill tree dresses for me are the perfect outfits for picnics and afternoon tea spent weekends and shows the feminine side of my wardrobe choices.

Accessories are any key for a good outfit, and these season straw bags are the perfect addition. However, straw bags can range in terms of pricing so this New Look alternative is a bargain. It also comes in a range of different colours though, so if you are the type of person who loves to add a pop of colour to a plain outfit it's a good addition to your wardrobe.

I hope you enjoy these top seven staples I have shared with you all today,and I hope you are enjoying this lovely streak of hot weather we are having at the moment. 

Thank you for reading.
Toodlepip lovelies.
Lucy x





No comments :

Post a Comment